This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Weave Made Media®, Smithfield®, but all my opinions are my own. #weavemade #SummerSizzling http://my-disclosur.es/RgFrEH”l
It’s hot right now in the Arizona summer. Most days have temps in the triple digits and grilling outdoors isn’t always that fun. Luckily there are some great ways to get a meaty meal from the air conditioned kitchen!
Ever since my son started playing little league baseball he has been a big fan of the game. We watched the MLB Allstar Game and made tailgate worthy pork loin with some healthy veggies. If you have been following my instagram you might have noticed I have been slimming down. I have been doing some low carb eating and it get so exhausting trying to find flavorful meals that aren’t full of carbohydrates.
Luckily Smithfield has made it easy with their pre-marinated pork tenderloins. We were at Walmart and we had a digital coupon for $2.00 off, (while supplies last) so it was an easy choice. We threw some carrots, asparagus and mushrooms in the cart and headed home to watch the game.
So here is how I became a master chef:
- I opened two of the peppercorn & garlic tenderloins and put them in a baking pan
- Threw it in the oven at 350° for about 10 minutes
- During that time I chopped up my carrots, asparagus, and mushrooms (feel free to change it up) and threw them in a bowl
- I tossed in some olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper to season
- I added my veggies to the pork and reset the timer for another 50 minutes.
- I marinated every inning and by the bottom of the 4th we were ready to eat!
It was so much fun watching the game with all the kids. While Greyson is a Pirates fan since that was the team he was on, Gavin liked the Mariners because we got a hand-me down jersey for the team in his size. Garren loved the Angels because he is a true Californian. Ginger is a bit of a Yankees fan since she loves Annabeth from Percy Jackson. It was a blast seeing players from all those teams playing at once.
While the the game played, Kristie and I just enjoyed sitting together and enjoying a healthy and delicious meal.
You can read about the Smithfield Ribs I made on the post Three Hour Block Party Ribs.